Monday, July 28, 2014

Laundry Day


A few months ago I posted the first picture below on Facebook.  Laundry day, after a week of being so busy that washing clothes was the very last thing on my mind!  This picture also got many comments and an email from family of ours.  Linda sent me an email saying that she was going to send me a MOBILE WASHER that she found online.  So about a month or so later my new washing machine (well the machine part is still me but I had been up graded!) was here!  All I needed to do was buy a couple of new buckets that were as close to a 5 gallon as we can get here and I was ready to go.  Let me tell you...My life has been revolutionized!  Just shy of getting a real washing machine, this is the best thing EVER! 
It is so easy to use and it is much gentler on my hands and on our clothes.  My hands were raw from scrubbing and after almost three years of hand washing our clothes I don't think we own anything that doesn't have a hole in it somewhere, or stretched out one extra size, or worn so thin you can see through it.  Awww, the life of hand washing!  But now, with this little washer I get to say good bye to all that!  I still find that a few of Silas's really dirty knees on his pants or Colin's drilling clothes still need a brush to scrub them, but not near as hard.
So thank you Linda for blessing me with this awesome little tool!  I love it!  

The "old way" of washing at the Rosser home.  Lots of water, lots of basins, lots of time.
And the "NEW way".  Two buckets, much less water usage, and HOURS saved of my time.
You just go up and down with the "plunger" and it agitates the water like a washing machine.  It gets so much dirt out and my hands are not bleeding after!
Then I throw all my clothes up on my "solar dryer" and the breeze carries the smell of clean clothes all throughout the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment