Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Silas Then and Now


I was looking at the pictures that we have of Silas from when he was at Amecet.  I can see where he is the same little boy, but then I can't get over how much he has changed from his first picture ever taken.  He was just a little guy for sure.  

Silas's very first picture of his little life.  This is the one that hangs on the wall at Amecet.  When we go and visit the staff that took care of him, I always go and show him his picture.  We also spend some time looking at all the little ones that have come through Amecet over the years.  When looking at the wall of photos, if there is picture with a little star sticker it means that that little baby died.  Sadly there are a good number of those stars.  However, this little picture doesn't have one.  God was protecting little Silas as he lay abandon and sick.  In my heart I know that God's plans for this baby are bigger than anything I can think of!

This is that same little boy about 9 months later!  Colin and I can not picture our little home without him.  He is ALWAYS happy and singing and talking and laughing.  God's plans to restore us are made abundantly clear when I think about Silas and his story thus far.  What a huge blessing this little man is in our lives.  We are thankful that God has given him to us.   

1 comment: