Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Uncle Mike

This is a sad post for me to write.  This morning I got up, early like always, and started heating up some coffee (I cold brew it over night because we don't have a coffee pot) and turned on the computer. After I had my cup of coffee I sat down to check emails and see what the rest of the world was up to as I slept.  I scrolled through Facebook until I found a post from my sister saying that my uncle had suddenly passed away.  I had to re-read it because I was certain that she did not mean our Uncle.  My brain was telling me that when she said "Uncle Mike" she was referring to a man that she may call "Uncle" but he is in no way related.  Like how Colin and I get called Uncle and Auntie here.  But I read some of the comments and my heart sank when I realized that it was in fact my Uncle Mike, my dad's older brother.  I guess he had a sudden heart attack and died as a result.
Uncle Mike about two years ago with his nephew Phoenix and great nephew (my sisters little boy) Josh.   

It is difficult for me to comfort family being so far away, but I can pray for everyone and I ask that while reading this and through out the day you may also keep them in your prayers.  Both of my dad's parents are still alive so please say a prayer for them.  Also, pray for my dad, Tony, as this will be especially hard on him.

Thank you for your continuing prayer support for Colin and myself and for my family.  

Blessings,
Ronnie 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment