Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Timing...

As my relationship with my Heavenly Father continues to grow I am finding myself in awe of how He works through me and around me.  It is neat to me to look back and see where He was working in my life and it is even cooler to me when He does something in the "right now".  Let me explain a bit further.  I went out to the village this morning with Colin and the crew.  I love going and we are currently drilling a well at the home of a lady whom I have really come to treasure.  Her name is Helen.  I didn't get to go yesterday so I was excited about making it out to her house today.  However I have had a head cold and today is the day where my ears are all stopped up, my nose is running, and I have started coughing.  I feel as though my head weighs more than it should and my eyes are about to pop out.  So when Colin needed to run back to the shop, I went too.  I needed to stay home, but so badly want to be out where they are drilling.  


Now onto the cool thing that only God can do.  When I got home and checked our email I found we only had one new message.  It was from a man that I have never heard of, and to be honest I didn't know if I should even open the email thinking it was going to be some sort of spam.  But I opened it and it was from a pastor of a church we have never attended in a town we have never been.  He read an article about us from the San Angelo Standard Times and felt led to challenge his church to begin praying about supporting us.  They knew from the article that we hope to purchase property and start a research farm here in Uganda some day.  He wanted us to be in prayer as is his church about how they can help make that dream a reality.


Now, to some this might not seem like too big a deal, but to me I see it as God's hand.  I am convinced that He is going to use this pastor and the church that he pastors to bring Himself glory, and if God wants to use us all together that is just awesome.  Never ever under my own power would I have been able to find this church and present them with what we do here in Uganda.  But lucky for me I serve a Big God who is very capable of working out all those details.  In fact its not even that big of a deal for Him to do so!  So we will pray that God will show us what it is that He wants us to do.

On another note.  When we were in Pingere last week, I was reading in Hebrews.  It was the end of the first day of drilling out there and I opened up to where I had left off the day before.  I picked up in chapter 11 verse 1.  This is what I read, "Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen."  How perfect!  Here we are drilling, hoping that we can make a well.  We have complete and total faith in what we can not see and that the Lord will bless the work we are doing.  I re-read that chapter when I woke up the next morning and I was reminded of all the people in the Bible that had absolute faith in God.  They had absolute faith in Him in some of the hardest times written about in the Bible.  I mean, I don't know if I were faced with a huge body of water in front of me, and a army of very angry Egyptians closing in fast from behind if I would have the faith to do what the Lord asked of Moses.  But I am thankful that the Lord has yet to ask me to part any bodies of water.  I struggle still with even the simplest of things.  Someday, however, He may ask me to do something big like that and I just pray that I am ready when He does!   

Just a few things to be praying for:
-The well at Helen's home, that it is a great producing well and they are able to get it drilled within a few days.
-My cold to go away...
-One of the girls that lives here, named Jennifer (about 10 years old), who was VERY sick the other night.  We had to take her to the hospital because she passed out at 5:00pm and never woke back up.  She was like a rag doll when we took her to get treatment and never even moved when they were trying to get an IV started, and they did that twice.  I am still not sure what was wrong with her, but I do know that she has HIV and TB.  Just pray for complete healing in her little body.  She is back at GC now.
-Colin's back and neck has been out of place and he has been in a large amount of pain and can barley turn his head to look, so please pray that he receives some relief from that pain.  
-Colin came in from drilling this evening and informed me that they lost a drill bit down the hole.  Pray they are able to recover it and continue drilling tomorrow. 


Thanks to everyone who is praying and for your support!  

No comments:

Post a Comment