Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just a Jump Across the Puddle

Well we made it to Ethiopia!  YAY!!  We left Tuesday afternoon and had a nine hour flight to Frankfurt, Germany.  The flight was great!  There were so many empty seats that all of us had our own row.  Colin and Terry were able to have four seats to themselves and got to stretch out and sleep if they wanted.  We watched movies and ate way too much air plan food.  We had a short layover in Germany and then we were on the last flight to Ethiopia.  That was a great flight as well, just a bit more full.  We got into Addis at 9:00 pm, around lunch time on Wednesday in TX, and were sleeping soundly by 11:00.  We woke up and had breakfast and then talked for an hour or so and then I just couldn't do it any longer.  I went back to bed and slept for three more hours.  I have never had to deal with jet lag like this, so this is kicking my backside.  I really think I could go back to bed, but I know if I do that I won't be able to sleep tonight.
On our way home from lunch today Colin was told that hyenas like to hang out at the dump.  So tonight's entertainment will include all of us loading up into the Land Cruzer and heading to the dump to go see the hyenas!  I hope to get some good pictures and maybe some video of that trip. 
We are going to meet with Jess and Jonathan, a couple that we got to meet while they stayed in Paint Rock and are now in Addis.  I think Jonathan is going to join in on the hyena hunting this evening.  I guess you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy!
Thanks again for all the prayers as we started our adventure.  I have to think that the reason everything went so smoothly was due to the prayers that were being sent up for us.  God is so great and we feel so blessed to be called on this wonderful journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment