Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Time for some R&R

Did we really even have a summer?? Last time I checked, summer was time for rest and relaxing...HA! Not so much this summer. Colin and I were so busy this summer that I barely had any time to respond to emails. (So if you emailed me and I have not sent one back, don't worry, you're not the only one.) So what kept us gone all the time, well, work! At the start of the year Colin and I set some goals for ourselves. One of the goals was to get out of debt. Well, so far we have paid off all of my stuff, one of Colin's personal loans and because God is so good, we are about to pay off his truck! Once that is done, we will only have his student loans left. But there is more...Colin had planned on the burn we finished in Brady to be the last one for the year. However, God had different plans for us. We finished the Brady burn and now we have at least three to four burns still to go! It is so cool for me to sit down and look at all the money that we have coming in, and then look at all the money that we have going out and still have money left over. That in itself is just a God thing. It is amazing that if you let Him, he will even work in your finances! I read somewhere in someone's blog that they got to a point where they stopped asking where did all our money go, and started telling there money where to go! I liked that. So now, we tell our money where it is going to go and it has made for a better relationship all around!
There are lots of things that the Lord is doing in our lives at the moment, and freeing up our finances is just one of many. Doors are being swung open while those little windows we were trying to climb through are getting shut. God has blessed us and because he is so great he keeps on giving!
I know how great it makes me feel to let people know what God has done in my life (and I give Him praise for all of it) and Colin and I would love to hear what he has done in yours! So please feel free to leave us with any thoughts or comments or questions!
"And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment