Tuesday, September 25, 2012


Some may be wondering why in the world did I put this picture on here???...Well, it is my first ever dog bite.  This morning on my run it finally happened.  I am actually grateful that it is not worse and that the lady who owned the mutt was standing nearby.  As you can see the skin was never broken, but I am one shirt fewer now.  
I was only 2 miles out so once the flea bag was back in its yard I kept going.  Next time I go out by myself I will carry pepper spray or a big stick!
Running here is always an adventure.  Its very amusing to the locals to see these white girls (usually two or three of us go) running just for the pure sake of it.  Some are supportive and even join in somtimes.  Most just smile or wave.  Others invite us to come to their home or help them in the garden.  And there are the occasional few that have something rude or annoying to say.  I always act like I can't hear those comments.  
The route we run is sort of a main road and we pass lots of school children on there way to school.  Most walk and need to leave around 6:30 (which is when the sun comes up and it is light enough to see) and other pack two or three on a bike and peddle to school.  I have no idea how far some of these kids travel to school, it could be miles if they attend senior classes.  
When the dry season is here I run towards the swamp and every time I go that way I meet the same little boy. He is most likely 7 and he always runs the last mile with me.  Its pretty darn cute.  Sad for me that I am running slow enough for a 7 year old with no shoes to keep up, but still fun.  
I am very thankful that I am able to run here.  It is something I love and know that the Lord does keep me safe as I go (and yes, I think the Lord's protection was with me when I got bit, it could have been far worse and I could be going through a rabies treatment).  Even with Silas I am still able to go.  I am thankful for Colin and him allowing me that time.  He enjoys it too because he gets to read his Bible, pray, drink his coffee, and get Silas up.  Then he gets some one on one time with him.  I like that they have that time together.  
This may not be the most enlightening post ever posted, but I just had to share that picture!  

No comments:

Post a Comment