Thursday, December 1, 2011

Part Two of The Details...


In my last posting I talked about how God has continued to take care of the small details that I had let wake me up in the middle of the night for the past six months.  Our moving had the potential to stir up a world of uneasiness.  I found myself on a couple occasions in a panic about silly things.  I felt guilty over our furniture taking up room in a shed at my in-law’s home, and God through His ways, took care of that! 

One thing that continued to wake me up, or cause me to not fall asleep at night, or just plain ol’ panic, was what in the world was I going to do with my horse!?!?  This horse and I have a history.  He was given to me when he was just two years old and he is now 8, so for six years its been the two of us.  On a few occasions I came close to selling him, but am so thankful that I didn’t.  My last year with him was by far the best year I have ever had caring for him.  This next part may be a bit silly, but it will forever be engraved in my mind.  I have always wanted a horse that I could just jump on bare back and take off and ride!  Last fall that is exactly what I got.  My dear friend rode her horse over and I rode back with her.  It was late in the day and I didn’t feel like going through the whole deal of tacking up, so I just put a bit in Ranger’s mouth and off we went.  I parted ways with my friend and Ranger and I took the long way home.  I’ll never forget riding him through the tall grass of the pasture with sun about ready to set behind us.  I remember pausing for a moment to just thank God for that ride, for the beauty around me, for where He had brought me, just everything I could be thankful for.  It dawned on me that in that very moment, this was what having Ranger was all about.  Two of God’s creations enjoying His creation!  There was no need to be the fastest, the best, the perfect rider, the showiest, the best with a rope, the quickest around poles or barrels --- just peace and quiet and to Be Still!  The moment didn’t last for hours or days, but to date that moment stands out as one of the best times I have ever had on a horse’s back.  I will forever be grateful for that time spent with God and Ranger.


Ranger and me at a clinic last fall...

Needless to say that four legged beast holds a dear place in my heart and I just could not bear to think about selling him to the wrong person or giving him to someone and have him become a burden to them financially.  With hay about $12.00 a bale that would not be hard to do these days!  I continued to wrestle with finding a home for Ranger on my own rather than to just let God work it out.  I really should have known that what He was going to set up for Ranger was going to be WONDERFUL! 
Last fall I became friends with a lady who came to a dressage clinic and we just hit it off.  We only spent that day at the clinic together but became friends on the great Facebook!  She is the Equine Director at a YMCA camp a few hours away and is tremendously great at her job.  We continued to “like” each other’s horse pictures and status updates every now and again.  Even a comment or two was posted here and there.  I hadn’t given much thought to why God had placed her in my life until I felt Him telling me to contact her about Ranger.  My intentions were to give Ranger to her, but what happened was far better!  I emailed my proposal and got a great response.  Due to the fact that she just purchased her third horse, Ranger would not work out for her.  But he would fit right into her YMCA youth program at the camp!  He would be ridden on trails and more advanced riders would get to fool with him in an arena setting.  The most wonderful part of the whole thing is that if we come home for whatever reason, I get him back!  He is still mine!  Thank you Lord for that wonderful blessing!   The time we spend in Africa, Ranger is getting excellent care and no doubt spoiled by a bunch of horse crazy kiddos.


Ranger being sweet with Luke and Colin.
I know for many this may seem like a silly detail, but it was one that was important to me.  The fact that God has worked this out so perfect is just more confirmation that we are doing just what He has called us to do!  Another great detail about this is that in telling my friend that she has answered a huge prayer of mine, she told me that Ranger is in fact filling a void in their program.  That most of their horses stand only so tall and they needed to find a good level headed horse that would be big enough to carry some of the bigger kid riders and adults that wanted to ride.  Well, any of you that know Ranger know that he is plenty BIG enough for the job!

Colin and I took Ranger to his new home this last week.  There was no sadness to be had on my part.  This is just what God knew needed to happen and I am grateful to Him.  I was informed later that day with a picture on FB that Ranger was the easiest horse that my friend has ever had to introduce into the herd of 24 horses that are already there!  Thank you Lord again!!! 
Even now as I sit here and write this all out I am amazed at how faithful my God is with taking care of me and knowing what is on my heart.  He has given me peace about where Ranger is and that is a blessing.  It is just a small detail, but it proved to me that God cares and is a great Father to His children.     

My friends husband riding Ranger in his new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment