Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thank you

I try and tell her often, but I know don't say it nearly enough, so I wanted to take the time this morning to say thank you to my beautiful wife for all she does to keep our home, lives, romance, and business working smoothly. Ronnie is a stay-at-home wife. That does not for a second mean she doesn't work, because she works incredibly hard all day at tasks that many times go unnoticed. I am positive that she never intended to get into prescribed burning because its a job very very few people do, almost entirely a male dominated occupation, she had never heard of it till she met me, and it's hot and dirty and you always smell like diesel fuel and smoke. Burning is dirty work. It's very fun and rewarding and always exciting, but very dirty. Ronnie has long beautiful hair that gets singed every once in awhile, she can't help but get black soot under her nails and on her clothes and face, her clothes are always covered in black stuff, and there is never a bathroom nearby. For a woman I can see how it would not be a very comfortable career choice. However, Ronnie does it because that is our business and she would not think of letting me go off burning and have her stay home worrying about me. We always want to be together regardless of what we are doing. Even though our lifestyle does not aford her the cleanliness and comfort she deserves, I don't think she would trade it for the world, because she would rather spend time with me in a hot smoky pasture around a bunch of smelly men than spend time away from me. Even when she is covered in soot and her hair is a little singed and she's drenched in sweat, she is still the most beautiful woman in the world to me. My wife is my dream woman and I am incredibly blessed to be able to spend everyday with her. So, thank you for all you do. I couldn't and wouldn't do it without you.
Your husband,
Colin

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your blog when I was reading Gwyn's this evening. I am so happy for you two and the life that God has given your family! One thing I wish is that we could have gotten to know Ronnie better before we moved but I do praise the Lord for the internet so that we can stay in touch with our friends and family. Thank you two for your prayers and support for our family and just so you know you are welcome here anytime!

    ReplyDelete