Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Ski Trip to New Mexico

I grew up in a small town in upstate New York. I also lived about 15 minutes away from Gore Mountain. Even with living so close, I never learned how to downhill ski until a few years ago. A few co-workers and myself took a handful of kids to New Mexico to go skiing and for the first time I took a ski lesson. Now it came pretty easy to me only because I spent years cross country skiing. So it only took me moving to Texas and going to New Mexico to learn how to ski.

Friends of ours, Jake and Crecsendia, invited us to go to Angel Fire, New Mexico for a ski trip the first week in March. We left San Angelo at 5:00 am and got to the "cabin" at 3:00ish New Mexico time. After we got a running start and made it up the "horrifically steep" driveway, we settled in and went to get our equipment for the next few days. We played in the waist deep snow, almost lost Crecsendia in it, and only made it 100 feet from the house!

(The "cabin")
(The view looking off the mountain)(Me and my trusty skis that only left me once when I fell)
(My snow bunny, Colin.)
(I love this man!!!)
(I only got one picture of any of us skiing. We, for the record, all did ski but I only got one picture of it.)
We had a blast! Despite the sore knees, bused hips, aching shines, and countless falls we all had a great time. The weather was perfect and so was the company. I am already looking forward to next years trip!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment