Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Feathered Friends

A few weeks ago I sat outside and watched at least six humming birds battle over our two little feeders. I even got it on film. But it was really neat. I sat only feet away from them as they came to visit our porch. It only took a few days for all the birds to find our sweet spot, and this meant that I was filling our two little feeders three, sometimes four times a day! I told Gwynie and Pops about it and they said that they had a feeder that was bigger and we could have it. So the next time we were in Mereta, I picked it up. I have it set right outside our window where we eat and we get to watch the show! Now this feeder is WAY bigger then my two little ones. It can seat six birds at once, and it has a nice little "foot rail" for 'em. I think that we have had five on it at once, but that was only for a brief moment. They usually "play" a game or two of chase around the front yard, or the porch, before they can settle down for a sip. Below are just a few pictures that I managed to snap before they flew off. Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment