Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Man's Best Friend

Meet Jigs. He is my mutt. Part blue healer, part terrier (Jack Russell we think). He was the cutest little puppy I have ever seen and by far the sweetest. I use to take him with me everywhere I went! He was my co-pilot and just a bit attached to me.

Then enters Colin. (And yes, he is that handsome in person.)
Hang on a sec, I need a moment to stare at my man......Ok, snap back to reality.
Colin had, up until meeting me, never really been a pet owning kind of guy. Goats, cattle and sheep where the closest things to having a pet in his world. Animals that could pretty much fend for themselves. Then he meant me and my "needed" little dog.

The above picture is the first picture that I ever took of Colin and Jigs. Notice how Jigs is really working it in. He is sitting right up next to Colin, but not touching him. He has his best attire on, and is staring him DOWN. Colin, well, he is love struck with the one behind the camera and doesn't even know Jigs is sitting next to him.


But I have faith. I know that in time, Jigs will start to rub off on Colin and the prospect for a friendship would be sure to find its way through their differences. Well...it didn't take long.

A wiggle of Dog boy's (as we all lovingly call him) tail, and a paw on Colin's knee a time or two and Colin rolled belly up for my little pup.
Now compare this picture to the one above and I think the comparison speaks for itself. Jigs has this handsome fella just wrapped around his little paw. Might I add that I think it is the cutest thing ever. They even spend the entire days/weeks together working and driving around in the ranger.

Its a good thing to see man and his best friend out and about together. Now I just have one more of my pets that needs to find a warm spot in my husband tender heart...
This is Crissy, or The Big Ball of Cat Hair. I took this picture way back in May, as you can see by the date on the bottom of the picture, and I kid you not she is laying like this now on our floor! She is going to have to work a lot harder to win Colin over...But I think that working is just not her thing. Her goal in life is strictly just to lose enough hair in one day that it blows across the floor at night, and to eat. Does the biggest looser have a show for over weight felines???

No comments:

Post a Comment